11.16.2013

rookie @ uo

I went to the Rookie Mag Yearbook Two release party today. 
Tavi read December's "Letter from the Editor" and I teared up so hard. It was nice hearing that other people experience the same things you do. Like of course we know it happens, but until you actually listen to them talk about their high school/teen angst/hormonal experiences you feel like you're the only one in the world that has problems. But then again I'm 17 so of course I feel that way
Apparently December's theme is "future" and  I finally managed to muster up the courage to submit a writing piece involving the future/teen years/angst/the usual. Dealing with time and life and living and everything is such a difficult thing to do and I'm preparing myself for the onslaught of tears that will come when I read pieces from next month's mag. 
If you have the opportunity, definitely check out a Rookie release party!! They're really fun and you get to see a bunch of cool people in cool clothes and relate to them about teens stuff!!!!